Thursday, October 26, 2006

Six Days

I think I'm all better now. Just been a wee bit giddy the last few days (although Wicked has indeed given me a fine idea for a comedic short story someday, see the comment he left in the Seven Days post!).

I'm almost ready to start this thing, yesh, almost ready. Debating if I should house Drake in a 19th century building in Old Town Toronto or in one of the garish new condos they've slammed up along a portion of the waterfront. A 19th century building, or even one of the 18th century or Georgian era buildings in the area around Yonge and Front would be deliciously Gothic, and suitable for a dark, seductive and mysterious vampire of unknown origin, but he's also a very modern guy despite being about 400 years old, so a streamlined condo in the sky with a view of the Toronto Islands from the plate glass window wall of his minimalisticly decorated living room would suit him too.

Especially since he takes care of certain 'business' at home. The uber modern setting might be a nice backdrop for that. Contrast and all. Would also piss off the Condo Owners Association for the building....lol.

Kellie's home setting is Kensington Market, this tiny little quaint neighbourhood bordered by Chinatown and Little Italy. Originally this place was a Jewish neighbourhood, and the original synagouge (sp?) still exists and is still in use. From Jewish it became Irish, Italian, Chinese, and so on and now it's very much an artist's and student's paradise. I love me some Kensington Market!

All in all my fingers are itching, and I'm trying to resist the urge to whip out some scenes that occur later in the tale, I want to start from the start and let things unfold, which honestly would be a very new process for me....lol.

Oh yeah, and note to self. Look into cost of new computer tower. Mine is slowly dying a slow and painful death and it would fair kill me if it crashed permanently during the month of Novemeber!

No comments: